The end of 2017 saw line drawing become popular in a big way. It started with art prints, but quickly moved onto shirts, jewellery and more. From there the style slowly began to infiltrate the world of Instagram, as all the greats have done. Before we knew it, Instagrammers alike were sporting those Mango earrings – which I love by the way – whilst simultaneously illustrating their Stories with chic line drawings. And we all know that once something has made it big on Instagram, we’ll be damned if we can’t turn it into a mainstream trend.
Drawing the line…
Joking aside, line drawing has quickly become a trend with creative folks and the mainstream alike. It’s simplicity fits in perfectly with the minimalist crowd, whilst also appealing to something bolder. It’s no surprise that such a versatile trend has made it big in both the fashion and interior design industries.
I myself have fallen for it numerous time, as is made evident by my Christmas and birthday wishlists. In fact I love it so much that I decided to write a whole blog post on it. I even plan to spread the love further by showing you how you can bring a piece of the trend to your wardrobe, and or home.
Add a bit of line drawing to your life
I’ve chosen some of my favourite pieces by independent stores, artists and brands below, for both the home and your personal style.
- A Weathered Penny hand earrings, in silver | £15
- Paloma Wool Leandra shirt | €89
- Luke Edward Hall face sweater | £130
- Hiedra canvas bags | from £15
- Knobbly Nude Earring no2 | £89
- Freya Alder Woman Brooch in brass | £38
- Ogon Cacao ‘One Eye’ print (70×50)| from £40
- Hannah Bould ceramic pot | £32
- Austin Austin bath & body range | from £12
- Dowse curve art print (A3) | £37.50
- Indigo Rain pasta bowl | £18
- HAY Peace mug | £15
- Louise Madzia figure silkscreen | £115
See, it really is quite easy to bring a little bit of line drawing into your life. Perhaps it’s a one-off sweater, or maybe you’re more of a quirky vase kinda person. Whatever takes your fancy, you can be sure that you’ll be on-trend and looking pretty damn stylish whilst you do it.