With a change of season, comes a change in my beauty routine. Long gone are the cold winter nights, cloudy days and lack of sunlight (well, this week anyway) which brought dry and dull skin. But new obstacles have arisen this year – with hotter weather arriving pretty quickly, and the lockdown leaving us all stuck inside for extended periods of time. Thankfully I am fully prepared this year, as always. My trip to Japan in 2019 introduced me to a variety of new favourites, which I have brought through to this year. That said, I’ve continued to keep my beauty routine pretty consistent in terms of origins & brands – with items coming from the UK, Japan, Korea and France.
I’ll be spending this spring focusing on the basics; healthy skin and giving myself a bit of a break from makeup. Not like I have anywhere to wear it to right now anyway… So without further ado, here are my spring beauty essentials.
Spring Beauty Essentials
- Hot Cleansing Gel by Manara
- Age Benefit Perfect Skin Serum* by Gatineau
- Biolumin-C Eye Serum* by Dermalogica
- Prisma Protect with SPF30* by Dermlagica
- Kaolin Clay Mask by The Inkey List
- Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask by Glow Recipe
- Luna Mini 3 by Foreo
- Rice Sheet Mask by Keana Nadeshiko (Ishizawa Laboratories)
- Sebum Clearing Masque* by Dermalogica
- AGE Bright Clearing Serum* by Dermalogica
I’ve always been an advocate for taking care of your skin first, and I think that’s pretty apparent with this list. I think the most obvious change from my winter beauty products, is the addition of lighter creams and stronger SPFs. It may not be groundbreaking, but it is practical, and it works.
Don’t forget to check out more of my beauty recommendations and let me know in the comments which products you’ll be coveting this spring.