Spring may be my favourite season, but I don’t enjoy the inevitable small talk topic of Spring cleaning. I dislike clutter so I spend most of my year tidying up and keeping things as minimal as possible – I truly believe that it helps keep my head clear also. However after starting my new job last year, I’ve found that I don’t have as much time as I used to. I knew that the move to the new apartment was going to be a great excuse to do a big overhaul of all our stuff. Of course that also means investing in new pieces. Luckily for me, George at ASDA offered me a small budget to deck out our new bedroom with.
Honestly George isn’t the first brand I think of when I want to buy new homeware. However after browsing the site I realised that they carried a lot of on-trend products (like these copper items), for very reasonable prices. Soon enough I had chosen everything and it was on it’s way. Here’s a quick rundown of what I ordered:
- George Home Palm Springs Stripe Duvet Range (£12)
- George Home Memory Foam Pillow (£12) | George Home Soft Pillow – 2 Pack (£6)
- George Home White Pillowcase Pair (£3) | George Home White Fitted Sheet (£5)
- George Home Temperature Control Duvet (£25)
- George Home Desk Lamp (£20) | Jones Alcot Alarm Clock – Bronze (£7)
- Homemake Silver Silky Shaggy Rug (£120)
- Lowell 6 Drawer Chest of Drawers (£79)
- George Home Triangular Print Candle (£7) | Yankee Candle Large Jar – Soft Cotton (£13)
The main items were a dresser, lamp and a rug, with some items of bedding, and several decorative bits to scatter around the room. The dresser wasn’t the easiest to put together, but thankfully the rug and lamp did their own thing. The bedding was all very good quality. We went for the full shebang: duvet, memory foam pillows, soft pillows, bed sheets and a duvet cover set (I couldn’t resist that green). As for the decorative items, well they just look great anywhere. The Yankee candle smells lovely, and the one we popped next to the bed is scent-free – so no sniffling during the night!
I have to say that we’ve been sleeping really well, and I am usually a very light sleeper. I’ve also found myself sneaking away to the bedroom to blog, whilst I lounge on the bed. I think it’s fair to say that our bedroom has now become a bright, attractive space for us to relax in. Mission success!
This post is in collaboration with George at ASDA but all views, photos and words are my own.