Everyone knows ‘Retro Girly’ is one of the biggest trends in Gal this Spring/Summer…
So how do you get the look? For those who don’t have access to gal brands or are thinking of trying out this kind of style for the first time (it’s not just for girly-girls or people in their teens!), it might seem difficult. Therefore I thought I would compile a list of the key items for this trend [image heavy]
- Blouses – Airy, lace, chiffon, frills and pale colours.
- High Waist Bottoms – tuck in tops/blouses
- Apron & Denim Onepieces
- Collared Tops – onepieces & tops (cardigans too), plain and lace, with ribbons and accents
- Red Gingham Check – think pin-up girl style
- Flower Print – bright florals, great for an ‘otona’ retro look
- Scarves – neck, head or on bags
- Ribbon/thin belts – red being very popular
- Small Socks – think; lace, frills, floral and ribbons, wear with pumps or boots
- ‘Vintage’ style accessories & shoes – vintage-looking, brown & camel (colours) are big
- Marine styles can also be worked in, but be careful not to go ott.
- Bell bottom jeans are also great for the ‘retro’ trend, although they tend to suit a more ‘adult’ style – but they can still work!
- The Gal brands really representing ‘retro girly’ right now?! Liz Lisa, Rojita, Dazzlin’, Ank Rouge, Minir Dees, Titty & Co and Pinky Girls.