First off, a massively big thank you to Tori
who both gave me blog awards recently
I am very grateful!!
The rules of accepting this award are…
- Say something about the person who gave you the award; Where do I start? Toni has been with me since the beginning *sniff* haha. She’s such a gorgeous, wonderful person and her blog reflects this perfectly!
- Write something about yourself, and your aim with your blog; I don’t really have a specific aim. I just want to blog about the things I love and hopefully help bring interesting posts to my followers. Although I think my aim has changed slightly this year, with wanting to make my blog a bit more personal, more like a lifestyle blog maybe. I just hope I’m doing ok haha
- Give the award to 9 bloggers you love; ☆Firipa☆JELLY Anna☆Sami☆Emy☆Jenny☆Yaptus☆Mika☆Cindy☆Instantmint☆
The award from Emilie asks that I tell you 7 random facts about myself, so here we go…
- Gal is the first real ‘label-fashion’ I have followed.
- I’m not really a fan of Japanese music and actually prefer American artists.
- I’m not a girly-girl but I love pink!
- I also love Agejo/D.I.A etc. styles but I don’t think they suit me.
- I have been dying my hair since I was around 13 years old.
- Lately I’ve been getting inspiration from European and American bloggers.
- I really miss Tokyo but I’ll be sad to leave Paris, and I want to go back to England.
I’ve got a small poll for you guys! Nothing too bothersome, I’d just like to get an idea of what you’d like to see more of~
|What kind of posts do you want to see more of?
If you choose ‘Other‘ then please leave a comment with your suggestion.
I am alive and I do have internet!!
Unfortunately I won’t be able to update properly until next week probably, as I have lots of tests and homework.
Promise to be back soon!
I leave for Paris today, so the blog will be going on a mini hiatus.
It won’t be for long. Just until I can get internet access (let’s hope that’s sooner, rather than later) and settle down.
I will still be updating my facebook
when I can, as I can do those on my mobile.
See you soon!!
Sorry about my lack of posts lately, but there’s a good reason for that, I can promise!
I am currently working on a brand new design for the blog – I’m giving it a complete overhaul. It’s looking good so far and I can’t wait for it to be finished!! It will take some time but it’s going to be worth the wait, so just hang on a little longer.
In the meantime, I’ve been working on some new posts about current trends and recent purchases. So I will try and have those up in the next few days.
Thanks for being patient with me ♥
edit: The blog may get a little messy whilst things are moved around and worked out. Sorry!
Unfortunately the blog will be on a short, week long hiatus.
This is because I will be doing a bit of traveling around Japan with my boyfriend.
I promise to come back with lots of photos for the ‘Japan Picture Post’ section and some new Gal info etc!!
See you soon
p.s. For the winner of the Alpaca (finishes on Sat), I will post out the item as soon as I get back!!
It’s my birthday tomorrow and maybe it’s something to do with getting older and all the recent backlash in the Gal community but lately I’ve been thinking a lot about…
Obviously my opinion is not going to suit everyone, but I just wonder if I am alone in thinking that it isn’t the cookie cutter, EGG, ‘you need blonde hair and curls’ image everyone thinks it is.
When I attended the Gal Me2 recently in Tokyo,
where we were all filmed for ‘Tokyo Kawaii TV’, after introducing myself the cameraman asked me “Are you Gyaru?”
I paused and thought about it for a bit and replied with “…maybe?!”
Afterwards I wondered why I hadn’t said yes, and when Lou
told them she was “…about 80% Gyaru
” I realised why.
I guess I feel like I still have a way to go and that I can improve…but that’s not just it. I enjoy wearing the clothes and doing the hair/make-up but I also feel like there’s more to me than that – it’s not what I’m 100% about. My priorities are family, friends, my boyfriend and studying for my degree – but that’s not a bad thing in my eyes.
I know we all have contrasting views of what Gal is… Some people relate to the original blonde hair, big curls, Liz Lisa and ‘EGG Style’ whilst others prefer short, straight dark hair with a bit of W♥C. It seems to me that we all have so many ‘ideas’ about Gal when really there aren’t as many rules as some people might think. We should just take it for what it is – a mixture of styles which allow you to be as sexy, cute or chic as you want. It offers people confidence and it helps people all over the world connect~★
I’ve been called Gyaru by people before and I was even called it by a Japanese Gal recently, which made me happy. I take it as a compliment that I’m doing the clothes and make-up justice, but if someone comes along and tells me “You’re not Gal” it’s not the end of the world. In fact it doesn’t upset me at all, because I enjoy what I’m doing, for myself and this blog. I’m going to keep trying my best and enjoying the style whilst I do it, because one day I’m going to realise that I’m too old for ‘all this nonsense’, although I think I have a while to go yet haha
I’ve met some wonderful people because of Gal and this blog!
Thank you to all my readers and friends for being fabulous and continuing to support me.