January means a new year, and another birthday. And turning another year older means more need for anti-aging skincare. Of course anyone in their mid-20s and later should be using anti-aging skincare, but personal needs and goals will change over the years. My goal this year is start to exfoliating and using moisturising masks twice a week, which fits my needs for even skin tone and plump skin. Thankfully I managed to grab something in the Rodial sale that promised to do just that: the Hydrate Freeze Collection.
Rodial Hydrate Freeze Collection
The Rodial Hydrate Freeze set is suitable for all skin types; Dragon’s Blood delivers intense hydration whilst Snake blurs fine lines and wrinkles helping to correct skin tone.The kit includes:
- Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Mask (50ml): A moisture boosting face mask with instant visible results, this double action hydrating and plumping face mask reduces redness and soothes the skin whilst plumping lines and wrinkles.
- Snake Mask (50ml): This jet-black peel off face mask visibly brightens and corrects skin tone whilst decongesting pores for radiant looking skin. The unique Syn®-ake ingredient mimics the effect of temple viper venom for a mild freezing and tightening effect on the skin.
- Difficult to apply
- Peels off relatively easily
- Leaves skin feeling cleansed
- Skin appears tighter & tone corrected
Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Mask
- Nice texture
- Applies easily
- Absorbs into skin well
- Soothing and plumping
I’m currently on the fence about this set. My issues lie with the peel-off Snake Mask which is very difficult to apply – it dries too quickly and doesn’t spread well. It works pretty well once it’s on, but the application is just frustrating. The Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Mask is much better in comparison, and I would definitely purchase it by itself. It applies and soaks in well, leaving the skin smooth and plump. At the original price of £49 I’m not sure I’d be re-purchasing this set. But at the current sale price of £25 I would definitely consider buying it again.