A few days ago Danniella of Famous in Japan started the ‘The Blogger Made Me Buy It’ tag. This is all about those pesky (we love you really) bloggers who convince you to buy products etc. It could be beauty products (my weakness), clothing or even lifestyle items that you’ve read about. This tag lets you air all your dirty secrets and share your favourite blogger loves. I don’t usually ‘do tags’ but this is right down my street! So let’s get started then shall we?
1) Who are your most influential bloggers?
Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?
My most influential bloggers have to be Ghostparties & The Sunday Girl.
These two lovely ladies are my go-to for beauty product reviews and swatches.
Their content and personalities shine way above the rest!
2) Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers,
or do you look for more reviews from others?
It depends but it’s usually a bit of both. I might buy something I was interested in because it’s had a glowing review from one blogger, or I might end up buying something I wasn’t too sure about thanks to several good reviews.
3) What is your most favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
Evian facial spray – it started my massive on-going love affair with facial sprays.
4) What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
Hands down Baby Lips, a not so great product with a ridiculous amount of hype.
…and Glossybox, not really a product but it’s still overhyped.
5) Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs.
1. La Roche Posay Serozinc
2. MUA Velvet Lip Laquer
3. Nuxe Rêve de Miel Lipbalm
4. New Look Cut-out Boots
5. Ciate Advent Calendar
6) Have you ever given into blogger hype? If so, which hype?
As I mentioned above – Baby Lips!
I loved the idea, and the hype surrounding them was amazing.
I literally spent weeks trying to find them in stores across London.
7) Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, which hype?
Urban Decay Naked Palette 2 & 3.
I loved the first one but the follow ups were basically the same thing.
There is very little difference between the palettes for such massive hype.
8) Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews,
or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?
If I don’t have time to look up a review for a product I will buy it without reading one.
That said, most of my purchases are made by looking up reviews or coming across them.
Leave your links in the comments below if you decide to do this tag, and link back to Danniella.