Everyone seems to be doing this, so I thought I’d jump on the bandwagon. Thanks to Ran who originally wrote this up.
1. Describe your style as a Gal.
I prefer the rock look more than anything, but for spring I’m feeling a little girlier – Hello Florals.
2. Which models inspire you to get dressed?
Sakurina – she always has the perfect mixture of rock & girly, which is something I love to incorporate into my look.
3. Which brands are you wearing lately?
A lot of offbrand items that mimic 109 buys, as I am currently saving for when I move to Japan after exams *fingers crossed*
4. What was your first thing from 109?
A t-shirt from ‘Delyle’ – monotone with a Parisian flair.
5. What compliment about your wardrobe do you like best?
Lately I keep getting comments on how people want the clothes I am wearing. It means a lot to me if people can see something I am wearing, and then like it so much that they want to buy it themselves.
6. What do you wear most often?
Now it’s getting a little warmer, floral dresses and denim shirt – love this combo.
7. I like getting….
Mail, like Alanna said it’s nice to get something through the mail every now and then.
8. What do you look at first when you see a Gal?
Hair and make-up. Sure clothing is important, but whenever I’m in 109 I love to check out the hair and make-up on the Gals.
9. What Gal rules have you broken?
A lot probably, haha. But I think I have learnt from my mistakes.
10. What would you never wear?
Leggings as pants…haha it might sound random, but it’s something I was speaking to Samispo0n about recently.
11. What do you think is essential for a good look?
Confidence, and putting effort into your style.
12. How do you feel when viewed as a Gal?
Hmm it’s not really come up, although some Japanese girls did randomly ask me if I shopped at 109 and I said yes. I wouldn’t personally call myself Gal. I follow the fashion but I don’t think I’m good enough yet.
13. Do you have many friends that are Gal?
It doesn’t bother me whether I have friends who are Gal.
I have lots of lovely and fashionable friends, but they each follow their own style and that’s why they’re so great.
14. What is the next thing that you plan to buy, that you desperately need?
BOOTS!! Haha I keep seeing pairs of boots that I want, but when I go back they’re gone.
I guess it means I should look for something else ;D
15. What’s your favourite accessory?
My rings. One diamond; from my parents – Another Swarovski; from my boyfriend.
16. Sexy, monotone or elegant?
More monotone than the others, although I do like to add a little bit of sexy to a night-time outfit.
17. Would you wear clothes that aren’t in fashion?
I bought some lovely items in 109 last Summer and I will probably try to incorporate them into this years trends.
18. What is your current obsession?
Florals – I didn’t think it would happen, but there are so many great prints out atm.
19. Do you like to spread Gal fashion? How do you do it?
I’m not going to force it onto anyone, but I do enjoy spreading the word.
I do it through this blog and hopefully it works ;D
20. What advice would you give to someone starting out?
Make sure you pick a style that suits your personality, and just keep trying out new things until you find something that makes you happy.
I’m sorry for my lack of updates lately.
I am very busy with university – deadlines etc. I will try and update at the weekend though.