With a change of season, comes a change in beauty routine. Long gone are the cold nights, cloudy days and lack of sunlight, which brought dry and dull skin. New obstacles have arisen with hotter weather, plenty of sun rays, and a ton of humidity. Thankfully this year we are fully prepared.
From innovative sunscreen to easy solutions, I’ve introduced quite a few new brands to my beauty routine recently, which I’m really excited to share with you. I’ll be spending this Summer focusing on the basics; SPF, moisture and glow. I’ve taken a bit of a break from makeup recently, so clear skin is a must. This means taking care of my skin before and after going out in the sun and making sure I top up my sunscreen on the go.
Without further ado, here are my Summer beauty essentials.
Summer Beauty Essentials for 2020
- Queen Screen Lightweight Skinscreen SPF50+ by Ultra Violette
- Full Spectrum 360 Refreshing Water Mist SPF15 by COOLA
- Smart Response Serum* by Dermalogica
- Dark Spot Sun Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 by Dr Dennis Gross
- Replica Memory Box Eau De Toilette by Maison Margiela
- Melting Moisture Masque* by Dermalogica
- Unseen Sunscreen SPF 30 (travel size) By Supergoop
- Tan Prolonging After-Sun Lotion by Caudalie
- Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane by The Ordinary (Deciem)
- Powerbright Dark Spot Serum* by Dermalogica
- Elixir Balancing Oshiroi Milk SPF 50+ by Shiseido
- Shower Sheets by YUNI Beauty
I’ve always been an advocate for taking care of your skin first, and I think that’s pretty apparent with this list. I can’t stress enough how important it is to transition to wearing a higher SPF during Summer, even if you’re not going outside. It may not be groundbreaking, but it is practical, and it goes a long way to taking care of your skin… now and in the future!
Don’t forget to check out more of my beauty recommendations and let me know in the comments which products you’ll be coveting this Summer.