Remember when beauty boxes were a thing? It’s been a while since it was popular for companies to charge us an arm and a leg for travel size samples; you were one of the lucky few if you found a rare full size product in your box. After the hype died down, I personally took to researching products and buying the full size versions. And I was happy. But then VA went and sent me a link to the latest ‘Latest in Beauty’ box. It included a collaboration with none other than Harper’s Bazaar – a brand that had won me over previously with their Birchbox collaboration. I couldn’t resist finding out more.
So what’s inside?
The limited-edition Spring/Summer beauty edit features high-end favourites from the likes of Laura Mercier, Elemis, Dermalogica, and many more.
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant (full size)
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder (full size)
- MAC Prep + Prime Fix + (full size)
- Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair (full size)
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara (full size)
- Elemis Dynamic Resurfacing Day Cream (15ml travel size)
- Caudalie Vinoperfect Brightening Essence (50ml travel size)
- Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy-Boosting Face Mask (15ml travel size)
- Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (30ml travel size)
- Alpha H Liquid Gold (50ml travel size)
- Shavata Complimentary Brow-Shape (gift card)
Bazaar Beauty Box – final thoughts
This box is worth an incredible £224! But is it worth £50 (that’s the RRP) of your hard earned cash? Well quite frankly, yes it is. This box includes some amazing – and expensive – products. I already had plans to repurchase the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, and the MAC Prep + Prime Fix +. So straight off I’d saved myself £18, and that was without counting all the extra products that came in the box.
The amount of full size products is way more than most beauty boxes. And these are popular products, they’re not just cast offs from some company you’ve never heard of. I’ve already started using a few of the items, and I’m excited to try out all of the others (yes, all of them). £50 is a lot of money, but I am so glad I splurged on this.
You can purchase the Bazaar Beauty Box at Latest in Beauty.
Check out more of my beauty must-haves now!
Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream*
Today’s beauty review features one of my favourite beauty brands – Elemis. I’ve been a fan of Elemis products from day one, as they’re one of the few brands where I see a genuine difference in my skin after usage. The high-end beauty brand offers a wide range of skincare products, for all skin types. I genuinely get excited when I see a new range released. And that’s how I ended up with the new Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream. It has been clinically proven to reduce wrinkle depth, improve firmness, tone and hydration in only 14 days. But would it work for me?
Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream – Thoughts
- Applies smoothly
- Leaves skin hydrated
- My skin now feels smoother and more supple
- Thick texture that’s actually lightweight when applied
I absolutely love the application, texture, and the way my skin feels after I’ve applied it. I’ve been using it for over 14-days now, and I can genuinely say that my skin feels smoother and more supple. I love this range so much I also have the Advanced Eye Treatment, Marine Mask, and the Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream with SPF30 – which now that Summer has arrived is the perfect moisturiser to replace this one with.
Praise aside, there is one thing we need to discuss; the price. Prices start at a whopping £80 for a 50ml pot of the Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream. Now I’m not silly, I know most people don’t just have a spare £80 lying around to throw at a moisturiser. However, this product really works, and I always say quality over quantity (if you can afford it). If I had a little extra money at the end of the month, I’d buy it. But then I’m very much a skincare addict, and I believe in investing in products that work.
Offers: Debenhams often have Elemis sets on offer during their sales. I recently bought the Elemis Treasures of the Sea gift set for only £49 (was £68). It included a full size eye treatment, mask and 30ml travel size version of the pro-collagen marine cream. Alongside it I also got £10 on my Debenhams Beauty Club Card. Not bad, right?
You can purchase the Pro-Collagen Marine Cream range online and in-store.
Check out more of my beauty must-haves now!
My Winter Skincare Saviour Routine
Ok, so it may officially be autumn, but I’m already thinking about my winter skincare routine. Winter can be tough on all of us. The combination of lack of sunlight, harsh wind and rain, and cold weather is not ideal. It’s fair to say that we all suffer a little at this time of year. As someone with sensitive skin, I’m always cautious about taking extra care. So I’ve put together my My Winter Skincare Saviour Routine.
Winter Skincare for… Eyes
- FaceD – Instant Effect Depuffing Eye Mask | Buy
- One of my favourite eye masks for reviving tired, puffy eyes.
- Trilogy – Age-Proof CoQ10 Eye Recovery Concentrate* | Buy
- This caffeine eye roll brightens, lifts and refreshes. It also keeps me going during the day when my eyes need a pick-me-up. A saviour for someone who works in front of a screen full-time.
- Ren – Instant Brightening Beauty Shot Eye Lift* | Buy
- I love eye creams, and I’m always after the next wonder product. This gel-serum not only lifts, but dramatically brightens the delicate eye area too.
Winter Skincare for… Face
- Sephora – Precision Pore Cleansing Pad | Buy
- I use this in my daily routine. It works to invigorate the skin and clean pores, helping to exfoliate and soften the skin.
- Caudalie – Grape Water | Buy
- I use this as a toner, to set my make-up, and to sooth my skin. Wonder product!
- Omorovicza – Oxygen Booster* | Buy
- This oxygen-rich serum works to revitalise, replenish and hydrate lack-lustre skin. This is one high quality product.
- Elemis – Biotec Skin Energising Cleanser | Buy
- A gentle, deep-cleansing wash, for refreshed looking skin. This smells amazing, and treats my skin good.
Winter Skincare for… Body
- Balance Me – Rose Otto Body Cream* | Buy
- My skin tends to get dry around Winter, and sometimes I suffer from eczema. So this ultra soothing cream for dry skin is perfect.
- Pai – Rosehip Bioregenrate Oil* | Buy
- This is the ultimate multi-tacker. Perfect for the body, or face. Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil can be used to improve: dry patches, flaky patches, blemishes, dull skin tone, fine lines, scars, and sun damage.
Winter Skincare for… Hair
- Aesop – Nurturing Shampoo | Buy
- Great for dry or damaged hair. I haven’t been let down by an Aesop product yet!
- Aesop – Colour Protection Conditoner | Buy
- This conditioner contains UV-protective Sunflower Seed to prolong colour retention and Hydrolyzed Oats to hydrate and soften chemically treated or damaged hair.
- Grow Gorgeous – Cleansing Conditioner* | Buy
- Forget shampoo. Forget conditioner. This does it all in one…make that 11-in-1. It combines foamless cleansing and deep conditioning in one step to rebalance the scalp and restore hair. I like to use it once a week.
Leave your winter skincare recommendations in the comments.
Don’t forget to check out more of my Beauty posts.