The point of the project is to “unite bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint endeavor to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again.”
So away we go~
My Most Beautiful Post
Kamakura is such a lovely place to visit for the day, so the memories (not only the scenery) of Kamakura are really beautiful to me.
My Most Popular
My 2nd ever post! I translated a quiz from an issue of Ageha which determines your eye type and what kind of make-up would suit it, along with a tutorial. I never expected this to be so popular, especially as it had so few comments.
My Most Controversial
This post was from a CNN-GO article that was based on a rather controversial topic – dressing children like adults. The journalist’s lack of knowledge and poor writing style aside, it raised quite a few questions and discussions.
My Most Helpful
This is also one of my most popular posts and I think one of my most helpful too. I wanted to review Japanese hair dyes (specifically ones aimed at gals) as I know lots of Western gals may want to try them at some point but they don’t know how they will turn out.
A Post Whose Success Surprised Me
At the beginning of this year I felt the need to express my opinions on gal and where I stand with it. I was so happy to see that I wasn’t alone in my thoughts and that so many people offered me their kindness and advice. Thank you all!!
A Post I Feel Didn’t Get The Attention It Deserved
This was only a small series with 2 posts on former EGG models (Hiromi and Natsumi) and where they are today. I was hoping for a positive response to these as I wanted to go further with them but they weren’t as popular as I had hoped.
The Post I’m Most Proud Of
Once again I’m being a bit cheeky and picking a series rather than an individual post, but I have to mention this as I was so proud of the reactions and feedback I got on these. I really wanted to help bring a positive vibe to the Western gal community. I’m actually thinking of carrying this on (when I get some spare time) but with a new look. What do you guys think?
First off, a massively big thank you to Tori
who both gave me blog awards recently
I am very grateful!!
The rules of accepting this award are…
- Say something about the person who gave you the award; Where do I start? Toni has been with me since the beginning *sniff* haha. She’s such a gorgeous, wonderful person and her blog reflects this perfectly!
- Write something about yourself, and your aim with your blog; I don’t really have a specific aim. I just want to blog about the things I love and hopefully help bring interesting posts to my followers. Although I think my aim has changed slightly this year, with wanting to make my blog a bit more personal, more like a lifestyle blog maybe. I just hope I’m doing ok haha
- Give the award to 9 bloggers you love; ☆Firipa☆JELLY Anna☆Sami☆Emy☆Jenny☆Yaptus☆Mika☆Cindy☆Instantmint☆
The award from Emilie asks that I tell you 7 random facts about myself, so here we go…
- Gal is the first real ‘label-fashion’ I have followed.
- I’m not really a fan of Japanese music and actually prefer American artists.
- I’m not a girly-girl but I love pink!
- I also love Agejo/D.I.A etc. styles but I don’t think they suit me.
- I have been dying my hair since I was around 13 years old.
- Lately I’ve been getting inspiration from European and American bloggers.
- I really miss Tokyo but I’ll be sad to leave Paris, and I want to go back to England.