Hands up if you have trouble deciding where to eat out on a regular basis! Insert raised hand emoji here. I constantly have trouble trying to remember restaurants, or find something new in London, let alone a new city. So I did quite a bit of research when we visited Aarhus recently. However I also wanted to leave some options up to chance, and find something truly amazing. Because there’s nothing better than being surprised, right?
So here are my top 5 foodie hotspots in Aarhus including a selection of cafes, restaurants and bars.
My Top 5 Foodie Hotspots in Aarhus
- Bill’s Coffee
- Let’s start with breakfast. And what better for breakfast than Danish pastry and coffee? The pastries at Bill’s are heavenly. The coffee is some of the best in Aarhus. And the staff are friendly and welcoming. Perfect, no?
- Mig og Ølsnedkeren
- If you’re a fan of craft beer, this is the place to relax after a long day. The selection of beer is insane, and the atmosphere is very chilled (read: Danish). It’s perfect for a hyggeligt evening with friends or family.
- I’m a firm believer in taking in a country’s traditional delights, and Pinden is the perfect spot for delicious Danish food. Don’t forget to finish your meal with some snaps (Danish schnapps)!
- La Cabra Coffee
- For a lunchtime snack and a caffeine pick-me-up, you can’t beat La Cabra. The fresh crayfish sandwich is hands down one of the yummiest meals I had whilst in Aarhus. So much so that I’d happily marry it!
- Den Lille Kro (The Little Inn)
- If you fancy spending a little more, and want something special, this is your place. The Smørrebrød (Danish open sandwich) is delightful, and some of the most impressive I’ve had. Not to mention THAT burger.
Bon Appétit! Or as they say in Denmark, ‘Velbekomme’!
Don’t forget to check out my other Denmark travel posts!